Yuppie Girl

The musings of a 20-somthing professional female, living and working in London, England.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hair Removal

Hair removal cream that stays on the shower.

That's what screamed at me from the packaging in Superdrug this morning. Well, that along with the bright pink £1 off label on the shelf. So obviously the combination of money off, something new and a a pink label meant I automatically purchased this tube of water-resistant chemicals.

I got home and poured over the instructions.. apply and leave for one minute before showering, leave for at least a further two minutes but under no circumstances more than 6 minutes. (No-one told me I would need a waterproof stopwatch too.) Always use the sponge (also pink) to apply the cream, and avoid contact with the a direct stream of water (that would be the shower then).

Anyway, in no time my calves are coated in cream (you guessed it, also pink) and after carefully guessing that one minute had elapsed I stepped into the shower. To try and guestimate my 2-6 minute window for the magic to work, I thought I'd shampoo and rinse my hair - surely that takes roughly that long? (Apart from when I'm late for work..) Whilst rinsing my hair, the water (as expected) runs all down the back of my legs and rinses off the cream! Charming.

So I admit defeat and use my nice pink sponge to wipe off the remaining pink cream. Much to my surprise my left leg is actually looking pretty good, but my right leg appears to have grown more hairs than when I first started!

Unsure of what my boyfriend will make of my new lopsided look, I reached for the pink razor....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home