Yuppie Girl

The musings of a 20-somthing professional female, living and working in London, England.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Summer in the City

As we bask in the hotest July on record (or whatever.. I'm sure this happens every year), I've decided to share my thoughts on London parklife.

Having no beach / countryside / garden or even balcon at my disposal, the park has become my new best friend. I picnic in the park, I party in the park, I even blog in the park.

Last week it was the turn of Green Park - vast and central, this is a mecca for the office workers of the capital. Which is precisely why you shouldn't go there. Try Brighton beach, it will be less crowded.

Yesterday it was St James' Park - easily the most regal, with views of the palace - you might even spot a Corgi or two.

But the best park of all has to be Primrose Hill - snobbery and serenity in one!

Living 5 minutes down the road, I spend a lot of time there, and yet my celebrity spotting tally still stands at nil.

Jamie Oliver, Gwen Steffani, Jeremy Edwards, Hugh Lawrie.. all local reisdents and regular park frequenters, who are also regularly spotted by everyone apart from me.

Perhaps if I spent less time picnicing / partying / blogging and more time on the lookout things might be different...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home