Yuppie Girl

The musings of a 20-somthing professional female, living and working in London, England.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Back to Reality

Having been safe in the realms of studying and holiday for over 2 months, the time has come to finally return to the office.

Having had a fairly slow week, it is now Friday, and given that I am finding time to write this entry, and even slower friday.

Despite feeling fairly motivated about my job (despite a recent lack of pay rise), it doesn't make me jump up and down with excitement, and I'm wondering if this is a common feeling among yuppies.

I know that my boyfriend doesn't find his job particularly enthralling, and neither do some of my friends, so I decided to call upon some job satisfaction statistics.

After a quick Google search, I was directed to the UK National Statistics website to be told that in 1998, 47% of employees surverys were "satisfied" with their jobs. This doesn't strike me as a high enough percentage.

In search of something a bit more up to date and specific, I found a survey by Accountancy Age magazine from Autumn 2005.

It turns out that 74% percent of us would recommend our company (I would) and 56% of us wish to stay with our company (I do).

So why am I moaning, you ask? Perhaps because no one has asked me to take part in such a survey. In my line of business we regularly perform "client satisfaction surveys" to guage the happiness of our clients. Now why don't they do that with their staff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home