Yuppie Girl

The musings of a 20-somthing professional female, living and working in London, England.

Monday, July 07, 2008

I'm back

Yuppie Girl is back. Two years on from my last blog, a lot has happened. I'm now fully qualified in my chosen profession and living with my very own Yuppie Boy! I should call him a man really, but given that I've labelled myself Yuppie Girl I'm going to stick with Boy for consistency.

After briefly venturing into the world of co-habitation with two other people (far too cramped), we decided to branch out into our own one bedroom flat (rental of course - the credit crunch affects yuppies too). The joy of leaving the world of flat-sharing cannot be described! I have quite happily given up what began in university halls eight years ago and was so much fun for so many years. How on earth did I tolerate the mess, noise and bad habits of others for so many years?!

Some of my 'favourite' (I use this term loosely) memories of my co-habitation years would have to be:

- Having to label all food items with my initials at university (and this often not stopping the hungry boys from helping themselves);

- Learning to sleep through the 2am fire alarm bells as my co-habitees felt the need to test the alarm after returning from a night out;

- My wonderful Aussie flatmate whose friend was supposed to stay on the lounge floor for three days and asked to stay for six weeks.. we kicked him out after one!

- Learning to live with grime and dust because on principal, I'm not cleaning up other people's mess!

Bitter? Intolerant? Me? Never. Either way, I've now closed the door on the world of sharing and fully embraced my new living arrangements. Having more disposable income than when I first ventured into the Big City, flat hunting was decidedly more exciting this time around. It took three viewings, not thirty, to find our new abode, and rather disappointingly it also involved a bidding war with Yuppie Couple number two.

So, I now live with my other half and no longer have exams to moan about, but much has remained the same. I'm still in the same job, the same neighbourhood, and the same position - yuppie-dom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home